Our seventh chakra (or the crown chakra) is the center for trust, devotion, inspiration, happiness, and positivity. It's also the center for deeper connection with ourselves and deeper connection with a force of life that is greater than ourselves. We began our last day of camp with a fun yoga session full of lotus flower poses and the music of MC Yogi. We had a blast playing with the Chakra Beatbox, which is still swirling in my head on Monday morning!
We packed a lot into one day. Here are a few highlights:
• We finished our Sculpey troll/elves/animals. Their outfits and accesories were amazing!
• We made self portraits on wooden blocks, which we turned into a puzzle as well.
• We took a field trip to the park to hang our Wish Tags on the Wish Tree and to the Little Free Library to give and take books.
• We made mandala and story stones.
• We answered this question:
What will you do with your life to make the world a better place because YOU are in it?
• And at the end of the day, to mark the culmination of their week's efforts, we created a pop-up exhibit with the girls so they could show their families what they'd created. Maya wrote a post on Instagram that sums it up perfectly:
"It can be hard to share work when it's still in process. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't. One of the great joys from camp this week was creating a pop-up exhibit on the final day so the campers could show their collective work from the week to their families. I loved watching the girls guide the adults through the room, explaining the projects one by one and sharing small anecdotes of the experience they had. Even if the piece was something they were unsure about or didn't totally love, the act of displaying it, and explaining the process to someone else gave them a noticeable pride. Their excitement to open their work to the gaze of all the guests told me everything I need to know about the power of transparency, and the way this kind of courage carries such sweetness and beauty, no matter what appears on the canvas."
It's hard to believe the week is over already. It was an honor to both guide these girls and to learn from them, as we always do. Next camp week is August 3 - 7 and we can't wait to see what happens!